Fan Expo Canada 2009 Update
By The Editor
June 9, 2009 - 08:10
Visitors from across Ontario and around the world have the opportunity to experience the very best of pop culture first-hand at the upcoming 15th Annual Fan Expo Canada. The return of the country’s largest combined event which includes The Canadian National Comic Book Expo, CNAnime, SFX Science Fiction Expo, Festival of Fear Horror Expo and GX- the Canadian National Gaming Expo is the perfect family outing and offers something for all ages and interests!
The Comic Book Expo has added a number of new professional guests to the already outstanding line-up, who will be participating in autograph and Q & A sessions.
The Comic Book Expo Celebrity Guest new additions include:
CHRIS BACHALO (RARE APPEARANCE)
Artist, The Amazing Spider-Man, New Avengers
Senior Vice-President – Executive Editor, DC Comics
Artist, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Artist, Stephen King’s Dark Tower
JOE QUESADA – Editor-In-Chief Marvel Comics
MIKE DEODATO JR. – Artist Dark Avengers – Rare appearance!
ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of Flash Rebirth
STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Wolverine
IVAN REIS – Artist of Green Lantern & The Blackest Night - Rare appearance!
TERRY DODSON – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
DAVID FINCH – Artist of Ultimatum
OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Thor
MATT FRACTION – Writer of Uncanny X-Men and Invincible Ironman
MARKO DJURDJEVIC – Acclaimed Marvel Cover Artist & Thor
LEN WEIN – Legendary Creator of Wolverine & Swamp Thing
DARWYN COOKE – Artist of DC The New Frontier
DALE EAGLESHAM – Artist of upcoming Fantastic Four
BILL SIENKIEWICZ – Legendary Artist
STUART IMMONNEN – Artist of New Avengers
Key Features and Highlights of the Comic Book Expo:
- Autograph Sessions ~ always a crowd pleaser, visitors have the opportunity to meet and seek autographs from their favourite Comic Book professionals
- Cool School ~ Experience a live instructional session by industry experts. Learn free tips; glean advice and direction on how to break in to the industry.
- Comic Studios ~ over a dozen professional comic book studios will pack their booths with talented creators along with signings, sketching and discussions
- Artist Alley ~ meet over 100 top professional pencillers, inkers and writers
- Small Press Pavilion ~ this Indy Market features local a wealth of independent comic books, magazines and other related publications
- Q & A Sessions ~ visitors can participate in an open Q & A forum with comic book industry experts
- Sketching Duels ~ special guests will jam head to head on original art
- Portfolio Reviews ~ an opportunity to present your portfolio to the onsite industry experts for professional feedback and suggestions on breaking into the industry
- Canada’s largest Masquerade on Saturday, Aug. 29th – dress up as a popular Comic Book character and compete
- 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers will offer everything from gold age and silver age comics, graphic novels, trades, toys, games, videos, DVDs, movie memorabilia, original artwork, posters and more
- Industry Preview Area ~ see the latest products and services and get a sneak peek at upcoming projects
AUGUST 28-30, 2009
Friday, August 28th (special preview)
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 29th
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 30th
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre South Building 222 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto Ontario
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events - for dates, times and prices please call Ticketmaster 416-870-8000 after July 1st or visit www.fanexpocanada.com
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, VISIT www.fanexpocanada.com
Last Updated: April 9, 2021 - 22:22
Join the discussion: