2010 Fan expo Canada Media Advisory
By The Editor
June 9, 2010 - 08:42
MEDIA ADVISORY: COMIC BOOK EXPO
WHAT: Visitors from across Ontario and around the world have the opportunity to experience the very best of pop culture first-hand at the upcoming 16th Annual Fan Expo Canada. The return of the country’s largest combined event, which includes The Canadian National Comic Book Expo, CNAnime, SFX Science Fiction Expo, Festival of Fear Horror Expo and GX- the Canadian National Gaming Expo, is the perfect family outing and offers something for all ages and interests!
The Comic Book Expo features a number of industry luminaries who will be participating in autograph and Q&A sessions. There will also be a number of industry experts on hand offering portfolio reviews, tips and suggestions for aspiring future comic book artists.
The Comic Book Expo Celebrity Guests include:
STAN "THE MAN" LEE – Legendary Guest Of Honour
GARY FRANK – Artist of Superman: Secret Origin, Batman: Earth One
JOHN ROMITA, JR. – Artist of Avengers
OLIVIER COIPEL – Artist of Siege
STEVE MCNIVEN – Artist of Millar And Mcniven's Nemesis
ETHAN VAN SCIVER – Artist of The Flash: Rebirth
DOUG MAHNKE – Artist of Green Lantern
WHILCE PORTACIO – Artist of Uncanny X-Men
BRIAN AZZARELLO – Writer of 100 Bullets, First Wave
DARWYN COOKE – Award Winning Artist And Writer Of Parker Series
DALE KEOWN – Artist of Darkness/Pitt
IAN CHURCHILL – Artist of Hulk
JILL THOMPSON – Creator, Writer and Artist of Scary Godmother, Magic Trixie
JIM VALENTINO – Artist, Writer and Editor of Shadowhawk
FRANCIS MANAPUL – Artist of The Flash
JEFF LEMIRE Writer & Artist of Sweet Tooth, Writer – The Atom
DOUG SNEYD – Legendary Cartoonist of Playboy Magazine
CAMERON STEWART – Artist of Batman & Robin, Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne,
ROSS CAMPBELL – Writer / Artist of Wet Moon series, Shadoweyes
Key Features and Highlights of the Comic Book Expo:
Autograph Sessions ~ Always a crowd pleaser, visitors have the opportunity to meet and seek autographs from their favourite Comic Book professionals.
Cool School ~ Experience live instructional sessions by industry experts. Learn free tips, glean advice and direction on how to break in to the industry.
·Comic Studios ~ More than a dozen professional comic book studios will pack their booths with talented creators along with signings, sketching and discussions.
· Artist Alley ~ Meet more than 100 top professional pencillers, inkers and writers.
· Small Press Pavilion ~ This Indy Market featuresa wealth of local, independent comic books, magazines and other related publications.
· Q & A Sessions ~ Visitors can participate in an open Q&A forum with comic book industry experts.
· Sketching Duels ~ Special guests will jam head-to-head on original art.
· Portfolio Reviews ~ An opportunity to present your portfolio to onsite industry experts for professional feedback and suggestions on breaking into the industry.
· Canada’s largest Masquerade on Saturday, Aug. 28th – Dress up as a popular comic book character and compete.
· 600 commercial exhibitors and retailers will offer everything from gold age and silver age comics, graphic novels, trades, toys, games, videos, DVDs, movie memorabilia, original artwork, posters and more.
· Industry Preview Area ~ See the latest products and services and get a sneak peek at upcoming projects.
WHEN: AUGUST 27- 29, 2010
Friday, August 27th 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Special Preview)
4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 28th 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 29th 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre North Building
255 Front Street West, Toronto Ontario
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: Some celebrity presentations are specially ticketed events - for dates, times and prices please call Ticketmaster 416-870-8000 after July 1st or visit http://www.fanexpocanada.com
Last Updated: April 9, 2021 - 22:22
Join the discussion: