CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - the review
By Leroy Douresseaux
July 20, 2005 - 10:48
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Why you might like it:
Another great weird guy created by the exceptionally talented Mr. Depp
Freddie Highmore is
Great production values – cinematography, costumes, make up, music, etc.
The art direction/set decoration is to die for
Christopher Lee is in it
Tim Burton’s best since Sleepy Hollow
Why you might NOT like it:
· Apparently some fans of the first film adaptation of Dahl’s book, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
are not happy.
· Not enough Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
· It’s more “dark fantasy” than “kid’s movie”
· Willy Wonka has a backstory
· Can be very weird – Depp’s Wonka at first glance looks like Michael Jackson
Visit the film site at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory site
©2005 Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
See more movie reviews at Negromancer
Last Updated: May 19, 2020 - 12:25
Join the discussion: