CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - the review
By Leroy Douresseaux
Jul 20, 2005 - 10:48
Studios: WARNER BROS. PICTURES
Starring: Tim Burton, Freddie Highmore, David Kelly, Helena Bonham Carter, Noah Taylor, Missi Pyle, James Fox, with Deep Roy and Christopher Lee
Directed by: Tim Burton
Produced by: Brad Grey and Richard D. Zanuck
Running Time: 120 minutes
Release Date: Friday, July 15, 2005
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Why you might like it:
Another great weird guy created by the exceptionally talented Mr. Depp
Freddie Highmore is good
Great production values – cinematography, costumes, make up, music, etc.
The art direction/set decoration is to die for
Christopher Lee is in it
Tim Burton’s best since Sleepy Hollow
Why you might NOT like it:
· Apparently some fans of the first film adaptation of Dahl’s book, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory are not happy.
· Not enough Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
· It’s more “dark fantasy” than “kid’s movie”
· Willy Wonka has a backstory
· Can be very weird – Depp’s Wonka at first glance looks like Michael Jackson
Visit the film site at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory site ©2005 Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
See more movie reviews at Negromancer
© Copyright 2002-2018 by Toon Doctor Inc. - All rights Reserved. All other texts, images, characters and trademarks are copyright their respective owners. Use of material in this document (including reproduction, modification, distribution, electronic transmission or republication) without prior written permission is strictly prohibited.